How to have healthy, glowing skin at 40s, 50s, 60s and beyond
Ageing is a natural process, and it is impossible to prevent it completely. As you age, you may experience:
- thinner skin, unable to form fat
- dull skin
- decreased skin elasticity
- pronounced fine lines and wrinkles
- pore size
However, by taking good care of your skin, we can help ensure that it preserves its health for many years to come and to age gracefully. It is essential to start preventive measures as early as in your 20s and 30s to maintain your youth. If you have yet to get started on preventative measures, you should start now to have healthy and radiant skin in your 40s, 50s, 60s and beyond.
Common Mistakes & Habits that Age Your Skin Prematurely
There are several factors that may speed up ageing that is the sun, heat, trauma to the skin, radiation, environmental pollution and lifestyle. Nevertheless, by taking preventative measures against such impairing factors can minimize signs of premature ageing at large and, it's as simple as this:
- Exposure to sunlight is by far the most significant factor that contributes to premature ageing. Use a broad-spectrum sunscreen of at least 30 SPF, daily.
- Regular exposure to high temperatures has seen to cause oxidative damage to the skin and consequently, boosting melanin production and hyperpigmentation. Your best bet at protecting your skin is layering your SPF with topical antioxidants that'll fight any free radicals seeking to damage your skin.
- Environmental pollution deteriorates your skin's health by disrupting the skin's barrier function and constantly breaking down collagen. As a result, your skin feels suffocated and with constant exposure, begins to lose its youthfulness. To prevent a buildup of pollutants on your skin, occasionally exfoliate to keep your pores unclogged and your skin as fresh as ever.
- As it turns out, increased stress levels have an adverse effect on your skin, too. Stressing doesn't only drain your skin but, also drains your face and can cause it to look dull. Relaxation techniques and cutting out on caffeine can do wonders for both your body and skin's health and restore your lost gleam.
- Staying physically active can increase the flow of nutrients to your skin as it increases blood circulation. Be it a slow walk or a sprint, keeping your body physically active can help fight ageing signs by promoting collagen production and thus, making the inculcation of physical activities into your lifestyle a must.
- You are what you eat- quite literally. The food you eat can have an impact on the rest of your body and so, put together a balanced diet that will provide your skin with all the vital ingredients it needs to stay supple and young. Turn to antioxidant-rich fruits such as Strawberries and Cherries to effortlessly meet your skin's health needs.
Your Healthy Skin Starts Now – Ingredients do matter.
Instead of going for harsh chemical treatments or procedures for a quick fix, choose natural and organic skincare that contains botanical active ingredients that work to address your skin ageing issues and most importantly, are good for your skin's health. Some such functional potions of youth include:
- Retinol - By inducing new cell growth, retinol efficaciously reduces wrinkles. Where most products are known to prevent ageing, retinoids have proven to be reversing the effects by promoting cell turnover, but retinol may irritate sensitive skin. A good and natural alternative to Retinol is Bakuchiol. Bakuchiol is a plant-based ingredient with antioxidant properties; it helps to stimulate collagen production and diminish signs of ageing, such as fine lines and wrinkles in a much more natural and safer manner.
- Botox – With a single prick of a needle, Botox is injected into specific muscles to reduce fines lines and wrinkles. However, there are suspected long-term risks associated with Botox such as nausea, blurred visions, etc. Spilanthes Acmella known as the natural alternative to Botox, is a safer solution to Botox. Spilanthes Acmella is a plant-based rapid firming active ingredient and is considered a natural muscle relaxant. Spilanthes Acmella helps to relax the skin to improve fine lines and wrinkles, as well as smoothening the skin, giving you the best natural results.
- Cylindrotheca Fusiformis – The wonders of the ocean gave us an abundance of resources and straight from the heart of the earth is the marine micro-algae Cylindrotheca Fusiformis. Cylindrotheca Fusiformis is a marine plant with a multitude of skin benefits which enhance cellular skin health. This gem from the ocean promotes skin rejuvenation and improves even the deepest of wrinkles, making it an ideal active ingredient in natural and organic skincare.
While each of these ingredients, Bakuchiol, Spilanthes Acmella and Cylindrotheca Fusiformis has its individualistic benefits that do wonders for the skin but, imagine the many wonders they could unleash with the synergistic effect of all the three ingredients in one formula.
Age with confidence and achieve your healthy, glowing skin at any age with the MIRACLE POUR multi-active serum infused with 28 botanical active ingredients, including three core age-defying actives of Bakuchiol, Spilanthes Acmella and Cylindrotheca Fusiformis.
Reviving your healthy youthful glow like never before, the MIRACLE POUR is a potent addition to your pro-ageing needs, handcrafted with optimal quality and efficacy to outperform your skincare serums and moisturizers. Naturally formulated to improve your ageing concerns visibly, the MIRACLE POUR is the one-step ritual that'll replace all your ageing serums and moisturizers. The all-in-one concentrated serum and moisturizer, MIRACLE POUR, delivers nutrient-dense botanical actives to the skin, nourishing and regenerating the skin by merely boosting cellular turnover. As it gratifies all your skin concerns, including elasticity, moisture, brightening and combating free-radical damage, this miraculous multi-functional blend leaves you with the skin of your dreams.